Matzo Brie Recipe (from Food52.com)
- 6 eggs (preferably organic/free range)
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 4 pieces unsalted plain matzo
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 1/2 tablespoons butter
- Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl. Add milk, salt, and pepper, and beat until smooth.
- Rinse the matza under cool water until moistened. Break the matzo up into small pieces (1″) and combine with the egg mixture. Stir the egg mixture and make sure each piece of matzo is well coated with egg. Let sit about a minute to get fully coated and moistened.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Once the butter begins to foam at the edges, add the egg mixture to the pan. Reduce the heat to medium-low and stir the egg mixture from time to time, scraping up the bits that have stuck to the bottom. The eggs should be served slightly wet and gooey, after about five to seven minutes, but you can cook them for more time if desired. Adjust seasoning if desired, and serve immediately.
- Eat and enjoy 🙂